How You Can Help Ukraine—with Fiat or Crypto
The world is watching the Russian invasion unfold in Ukraine, including the crypto world. Yes, the markets are down as one would expect, but the bigger concern here is people’s lives.
Bridges, as well as many in the crypto community, stand with Ukraine. We also stand with the Russian people who are putting their freedom on the line to protest against this war. But words, thoughts, and prayers are not enough.
We at Bridges say we’re crypto with a conscience. Now it’s time to walk the talk. We’ve put together a list of orgs that are seeking to support the Ukrainian military, journalists, internally displaced persons, refugees, and even Ukrainians in especially vulnerable communities during this time (such as women or LGBT+). Take a look below and, if you are financially able, please consider helping out one or more of these worthy causes.
If you know of any further opportunities that we’ve missed, feel free to share them with us so we can keep this list updated.
One final ask: whether you can help financially or not, please share this list far and wide so that we can reach as many people as possible.
Thank you. Дякую.
Donate directly to the armed forces of Ukraine
The armed forces of Ukraine are now accepting donations to support logistical and medical needs. You can send funds directly to the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
They accept USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, CAD, PLN, CZK, RUB, AUD.
ETH and USDT (ERC-20): 0x165CD37b4C644C2921454429E7F9358d18A45e14
Donate crypto or fiat
- Keep Ukraine’s Media Going is a GoFundMe campaign aimed at helping media relocate, set-up back offices and continue their operations from neighboring countries. They also accept crypto:
- The Kyiv Independent provides independent Ukrainian English-language journalism. They accept donations on both Patreon and GoFundMe. They also have a Bitcoin wallet:
- Nova Ukraine is a non-profit organization focused on bringing humanitarian aid to vulnerable populations in Ukraine. They are taking donations via Paypal, check, or cryptocurrency (BTC, ETH, USDC, DOGE, LTC, DAI, BCH).
- Operation Solidarity is a grassroots group working to help those displaced by the conflict. They are also looking for volunteers. You can donate via bank transfer, or to their crypto wallets (BTC, ETH/XMR, BNB).
- Project HOPE is actively shipping medical supplies and essential medicines to Ukraine. You can donate to their initiative for the crisis in Ukraine on their site, or donate crypto on The Giving Block.
- Save the Children is working to support the children of Ukraine in this crisis as well as their other initiatives around the world. You can donate directly to their Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund, or donate crypto on The Giving Block.
- Save Life in UA is a Ukrainian NGO helping the armed forces of Ukraine. They accept fiat and also have a Bitcoin wallet.
- Vision Beyond Borders is a US-based ministry with partners in Ukraine. They are passing on 100% of value of crypto donations to support those affected in Ukraine. They have a BTC wallet, but you can contact them to find out about donating other cryptos.
NFT / Web3 initiatives
- Army SOS helps to equip Ukrainian forces on the frontlines. They accept both EUR and USD.
- Caritas assists vulnerable people in Ukraine’s conflict zones. This international NGO accepts both EUR and USD.
- Feminist Workshop is a NGO promoting the advancement of women contributing to profound social change. You can donate on their Patreon. Much of their content is in Ukrainian.
- Global Giving connects non-profits and donors around the world. They have a dedicated Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund. You can see their full donation options here, including stock donations.
- Global Giving also lists various other fundraising efforts in Ukraine on their site, many of which are related to the war.
- Insight is a public organization providing psychological and legal support to LGBTQI community in Ukraine. They accept UAH, USD, RUB, EUR.
- International Committee of the Red Cross is responding to urgent humanitarian needs of the Ukrainian people. They accept both credit card and PayPal donations.
- Munich Kyiv Queer is a nonprofit group representing Munich and Kyiv as LGBT+ sister cities. They are collecting funds to get queer folk in Kyiv to safety since they are especially at risk of being targeted by Russia. You can donate via PayPal.
- People in Need is a Czech NGO that provides humanitarian aid to those in need. They accept both CZK and EUR.
- Pheonix Wings provides the Ukrainian army with equipment, non-lethal protection (helmets, vests), first-aid treatment, and army building repairs. They accept UAH, CAD, USD, GBP, EUR.
- Project C.U.R.E. and Support Hospitals in Ukraine are delivering critical medical supplies to Ukraine, including trauma-related equipment and surgical tools. They accept donations via Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex.
- Razom is a US-based NGO working to uplift democracy in Ukraine. They provide medical supplies. They accept USD.
- Revived Soldiers Ukraine is an organization that delivers humanitarian aid while promoting human rights. They accept donations through Paypal.
- Teenergizer is a group of young people creating a peer support spaces and services for young folks in Ukraine living with HIV. They accept UAH, RUB, USD, and EUR.
- Territory of Kindness is a Ukrainian NGO providing assistance to both the military and children. Their site is only in Ukrainian and Russian.
- Ukraine Crisis Media Center is a Ukraine-based NGO promoting support for press events to Ukraine and the wider world. They accept multiple currencies through bank transfer.
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund is a fund of the UN which provides funding to partner organizations at the frontlines of the crisis response.
- Ukrainian Red Cross Society helps volunteers and staff to provide first aid to civilians in areas where medical services are limited. They accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
- Voices of Children is an organization helping children affected by the war in Ukraine with psychological and psychosocial support. You can donate with Mastercard, Visa, or Google Pay.
- Vostok SOS is an organization providing assistance to conflict-affected persons and internally displaced people. They accept both UAH and EUR.
- Women Association Sphere is a NGO creates opportunities for women in various spheres of public life and professional activities in Ukraine and the world. They accept UAH, USD, RUB, EUR.
- Women’s Perspectives is an NGO is fighting back against gender-based violence / domestic violence and human trafficking. They accept UAH, USD, RUB, EUR.